Friday, December 23, 2011

Cool alphabet magnets


To start off with you need some lids, any will do. I decided to use the lids from my babies food jars. Nice way to recycle all those glass bottles and lids!









You will also need some lettering. I used these i got from a scrapbooking shop.











Now measure out some circles that will fit into the jar lids, and cut them out. Choose any paper or colours. The brighter the better :)










Then if you want you can distress the edges of the circle to give it that rustic feel. I used a brown stamp pad to give me this effect.









So now you can attach your letters to your circles. i used double sided tape, its a bit stronger than glue, and makes me feel better as my little ones fingers will be pulling and poking lol









Next stick the circles into jar lids. Now attach the magnet strip at the back of lid. Make sure you stick a large strip or it wont be able to hold the weight of the lid. Lastly you can varnish it just to give it a bit of shine, and waterproofing if your little one is going to be playing with them! And you done!

No comments:

Post a Comment